Thursday, August 20, 2026
Subscribe
The Brief | Namibia's Leading Business & Financial News
  • Home
  • Companies
    • Finance
    • Agriculture
    • Technology
    • Property
    • Trade
    • Tourism
  • Business & Economy
  • E-PAPERreader
  • Mining & Energy
  • Opinions
    • Analysis
    • Columnists
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
The Brief | Namibia's Leading Business & Financial News
  • Home
  • Companies
    • Finance
    • Agriculture
    • Technology
    • Property
    • Trade
    • Tourism
  • Business & Economy
  • E-PAPERreader
  • Mining & Energy
  • Opinions
    • Analysis
    • Columnists
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
The Brief | Namibia's Leading Business & Financial News
Subscribe
No Result
View All Result
Home News Namibia

Lutombi turns down City of Windhoek top job

by editor
May 6, 2023
in Namibia
11
A A

Conrad Lutombi has turned down the job at City of Windhoek where he was set to become the Chief Executive Officer, The Brief can reveal.

 “I have done extensive consultations and have come to the conclusion that it will be best if I stay where I am, execute and complete my outstanding tasks,” he told The Brief. 

Lutombi is the current CEO of Roads Authority, where his contract is reported to have now been extended beyond September 2023 when it was due to expire and will now run until his retirement. 

“The offer is good, but after thorough consideration I have decided not to accept the offer,” he said without delving further into details. 

According to reports Lutombi was offered a package of N$3.7 million per annum that translates to a monthly salary of roughly N$300,000. 

It is not clear whether the second-best performer during the interview process – Otjiwarongo Municipality CEO Moses Matyayi – will be offered the top job or the recruitment process will be restarted. 

Lutombi scored highest during the interview process for the top position and the municipality endorsed his appointment last month, with Minister of Urban and Rural Development Erastus Uutoni having approved his appointment, in line with the requirements of the Local Authorities Act. 

The development comes as the municipality on Friday announced the appointment of Fanuel Maanda, Strategic Executive for Housing, Property Management and Human Settlement as acting CEO. 

George Mayumbelo, the Strategic Executive for the Human Capital and Corporate Services Department who recently went into retirement had been acting CEO since last month after taking over from O’Brien Hekandjo who was acting CEO from 16 August 2022 until 8 November 2022. 

The Windhoek municipality has been operating without a substantive CEO since the resignation of Robert Kahimise in 2020, who joined CENORED after a four-year tenure at the helm of the municipality.

author avatar
editor
See Full Bio
Previous Post

Pay rise for NWR employees after new wage deal

Next Post

RWE, Hyphen explore 300 000 t/y Namibia green ammonia offtake

Must Read

Chinese companies paid N$16.7 billion in Namibian taxes in 2024
Namibia

Chinese companies paid N$16.7 billion in Namibian taxes in 2024

September 8, 2025
Namibia urged to fast-track reforms to secure place as Africa’s next energy frontier
Namibia

Namibia urged to fast-track reforms to secure place as Africa’s next energy frontier

August 15, 2025
Namibia’s oil and gas reserves could generate N$7.7bn annually
Namibia

Namibia’s oil and gas reserves could generate N$7.7bn annually

August 13, 2025
Standard Bank posts N$556.9m six-month profit, up 10%
Namibia

Standard Bank posts N$556.9m six-month profit, up 10%

August 13, 2025
NamRA sees drop in illegal vehicle imports following moratorium
Namibia

NamRA plans digital system to track SME earnings and enforce compliance

August 13, 2025
Namibia targets state lottery launch within two years
Namibia

Namibia targets state lottery launch within two years

August 7, 2025
Load More

Related News

A slowdown in crop and fish production drag agriculture sector

A slowdown in crop and fish production drag agriculture sector

November 7, 2022
Namibia’s public debt expected to surpass N$168 billion by FY2025/26

Govt loan guarantees fall by more than N$2bn over five years

January 15, 2026
Over N$100 million siphoned from Namibia through ghost companies

Over N$100 million siphoned from Namibia through ghost companies

February 5, 2024

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Agriculture
  • Analysis
  • Business & Economy
  • Columnists
  • Companies
  • Finance
  • Finance
  • Fisheries
  • Green Hydrogen
  • Health
  • Investing
  • Latest
  • Market
  • Mining & Energy
  • Namibia
  • namibia
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Property
  • Retail
  • Technology
  • Tourism
  • Trade
The Brief | Namibia's Leading Business & Financial News

The Brief is Namibia's leading daily business, finance and economic news publication.

CATEGORIES

  • Business & Economy
  • Companies
    • Agriculture
    • Finance
    • Fisheries
    • Health
    • Property
    • Retail
    • Technology
    • Tourism
    • Trade
  • Finance
  • Green Hydrogen
  • Investing
  • Latest
  • Market
  • Mining & Energy
  • namibia
  • News
    • Africa
    • Namibia
  • Opinions
    • Analysis
    • Columnists

CONTACT US

Cell: +264814612969

Email: newsdesk@thebrief.com.na

© 2026 The Brief | All Rights Reserved. Namibian Business News, Current Affairs, Analysis and Commentary

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Companies
  • Mining & Energy
  • Business & Economy
  • Opinions
    • Analysis
    • Columnists
  • Africa

© 2026 The Brief | All Rights Reserved. Namibian Business News, Current Affairs, Analysis and Commentary

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.